Thursday, January 20, 2011

the power of positive thinking

Listen up universe - this is my plan. Izzy, my middle-schooler's school play opens on 5/19. I want to have successfully given my brother his new kidney by then, us both to be fully recovered and in the audience together that night.

We have 4 months to make this all happen. I know there are countless potential roadblocks. I know at any point things could fall apart.

But on a deeper level I know they won't.

I have faith that this is what's meant to happen and that all will be fine in the end.

This stance is more remarkable than one can imagine as I'm not big on faith. I'm skeptical. Cynical. A full-fledged doubter.

But not about this.

My brother's on the other side of the coin, which is where I'm generally most comfortable. Not getting hopes up so if this doesn't work out it won't be soul crushing. I have that too, fraying at my edges, waking me up in the middle of the night, it's the epicenter of my anxiety at the moment. Having said that, I'm not letting negative win. Or even tempered realism.

This transplant will work. This story will have a satisfying ending.

My kidney will be happy in its new home.

This is what's meant to be. And I will use every ounce of positive thought, prayer, hope, wish to make this come true.

That's it universe. The force is with us on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment