Tuesday, April 5, 2011

a different kind of day

Today I met my brother for lunch. We headed to a new vegan place in the east village who cast a spell over us with its lure of cupcakes.

I don't know the last time the two of us met for lunch. In fact, I'm not sure we ever have.

We scarfed down grilled cheese and peanut butter and jelly before indulging in dessert.

And we talked. Chatted really. About stuff. Nothing big. Nothing intense. Nothing life changing or significant or profound.

We just hung out on a rainy Tuesday afternoon.

It was great. And it was just what I needed to put everything back in perspective. For the first time in too long it wasn't about kidneys and testing and results and plans. It was about cupcakes, which is sometimes the way it should be.

I found out later in the afternoon that his liver biopsy is on Thursday. And I'm fine with the wait. Perhaps it was that delicious frosting that's making the difference

No comments:

Post a Comment